The motive of Edwardes College is to provide the young students with quality education. The College has historically supported substantial fee concessions. Students are encouraged to be beneficiary of this policy, based on the applicant meeting the criteria for qualification.
The purpose of this policy is to allow applicants who meet the criteria set out below to pursue their studies.
Students with financial constraints can avail the college policy, "Need Based Financial Assistance".
Apart from that "Merit Based Financial Scholarships" are available for those with; distinctions in examination and sports.
Procedure for "Need Based Financial Assistance":
The following mandatory documents shall be attached with the form:
Financial Aid Committee shall take into account the following factors: Families that wish to apply for fee concession should fill the "Financial Assistance Form", duly signed by the parents/guardian.
- Income certificate of the father /guardian
- A copy of CNIC of father
- Death Certificate of father in case of orphan.
- Educational expenses of the students and his / her sibling(s)
- Assets, living standard, size of the family,sources of income.
- Any other considered term, required by the Committee.
An interview shall be conducted by the Financial Aid Committee . After complete satisfaction/scrutiny, the Committee shall forward its recommendations to the Principal for final approval.
Need based financial assistance shall be applicable at the time of admission for new intakes. For already enrolled students, the time line shall be notified. The Principal may issue directions for another suitable time line for a single or all students.
Terms & Conditions:
- If at any stage, information provided by the applicant, found false or misleading, the amount of concession granted shall be cancelled.
- The amount of fee concession shall be decided by the Financial Aid Committee, depending on the College available budget and number of eligible applicants. The awardee shall deposit the remaining prescribed amount on time. Under no circumstances, he/she apply for further concession in any respect.
- The amount of financial aid sanctioned shall be adjusted against the fee, and shall not be granted in the form of cash/banking channel. In case a student who has paid the fee in advance, the sanctioned amount will be remitted through a bank cheque.
- The awardee shall maintain at least 75% attendance record.
- The student shall score not less than 60% marks in the subsequent annual examinations.
- Good academic record shall also be maintained by the awardee . If performance is not satisfactory, the concession shall be cancelled.
"Merit Based Financial Scholarships" Merit Based Financial Scholarships are classified as:
A. Governor KPK's Award
Edwardes College student who will score st highest marks (1 Position) in annual examination of Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE), Peshawar throughout the BISE Peshawar will receive an award of PKR: 500,000/- (Five Hundred Thousands).
B. Diocese of Peshawar Award
Edwardes College student who will score st highest marks (1 Position) in University Annual examinations (BA/BSc-Two Years Degree Program) throughout University of Peshawar will receive an award of PKR 200,000/- (Two Hundred Thousands).
C. Church Mission Society (CMS) Award
Edwardes College student who will score highest marks ( 1 Position - annual examination) in the following disciplines throughout University will receive CMS Award of PKR 100,000/- One Hundred Thousands):
- BS-Computer Science
- Any other discipline in BS
In case, more than one Edwardian share st highest position (1 Potion) in BISE Peshawar or University at the same year, then Governor's KPK Award, Diocese of Peshawar Award or Church Mission Society Award will also be shared respectively.
D. Sir Edwardes Student of the Year Award
A trophy each will be given to a student of Intermediate-FA/FSc (Final Year) & Degree- BA/BSc (Final Year) on his/her outstanding performance in academic, sports & extracurricular activities.
E. Principal Edwardes College Award
Edwardes College acknowledges the achievements of its A Level students in Cambridge International Examination. Any student who wins a distinction in any subject will be awarded accordingly in the following order,
- Top (in any subject) in Pakistan Rs. 100,000
- Top (in any subject) in World Rs. 200,000
F. Free Education Award
Edwardes College offers merit scholarships to the top position holder (matriculation exams) from any of the BISE across the country. This scholarship is 100% fee waiver & guarantees free hostel accommodation.
G. Annual Awards
We take delight in recognizing students achievement in all areas of College life. The Annual Awards Ceremony recognizes academic achievements of students in all degree and certificate programs and in specific course of study by presenting them with medals and certificates. Recognition is also given for achievements in sports, community service and other co-curricular activities.
Eligibility Criteria :
INTERMEDIATE (F.Sc/ F.A/ A Levels)
- Pre Medical group Minimum 80% aggregate marks
- Pre Engineering Minimum 80% aggregate marks
- Computer Science Minimum 70% aggregate marks
- Arts Arts Minimum 60% aggregate marks
DEGREE (B.Sc/ B.A/ BCS):
- B.Sc Medical ( Group P): Minimum 70% aggregate marks
- Engineering ( Group R) Minimum 70% aggregate marks
- B.A With Mathematic, Statistics Economics:Minimum 70% aggregate marks
- Other Subjects Minimum 65% aggregate marks
- Other subjects with languages Minimum 60% aggregate marks
Board Position holders within College:
The students who secure top positions, in College, in BISE Peshawar and University of Peshawar annual examinations in different disciplines are awarded Medals and Certificates.
100% attendance record holders:
Students who maintain 100% attendance record in academic session will be issued Merit Certificates from the concern Year Head Office.
H. Duke of Edinburgh's Award
This scheme was founded in the UK in 1956 and was extended to Pakistan in 1987. Bronze, Silver and Gold Medals are awarded to youth's ages 14-25 years for voluntary community service or who reach highest level in physical and adventure skills. To date, 100 gold, 150 silver and 1200 bronze medals have been awarded to students from Peshawar zone. Students of Edwardes College are encouraged to participate in this field of community service.