One of the main assets of Edwardes College is its library, a treasure of both classical novels and modern books on eclectic subjects. This library is one of the oldest in the province and subscribes a good number of magazines, journals, newspapers for its users. It is centrally located in the main Arts Block accessible from all sides. It has a peaceful noise-free learning environment that is much appreciated.
The library provides the following services.
Library lends books for home reading to enable its users to study them at their own leisure and convenience
Selective Dissemination of information (SDI)
SDI facility is to notify its users respective information regarding his/her academic interests.. This further involves scanning of materials, recognizing the relevant information in the information resource and summarizing them.
Library Clipping provides newspaper clips related to important events, mostly happened in Edwardes College.
Reference service includes: directing students towards library material, its use, and acquisition of information from various sources.
The reprographic services play an important role in the dissemination of knowledge. It helps to preserve the rare collections from damage. This basically includes scanning, printing and photocopying those materials.
Library Rules And Regulations
The following Rules should be observed in the College Library.
- Coats, jackets, handbags, etc. are not allowed in the library.
- Silence must be observed strictly in the library. Group discussions are also not allowed in the main reading room.
- A library user shall prove his/her identity to the library staff when requested.
- Edibles and beverages are strictly prohibited in the library.
- Using Cell phones (any type or media oriented) should not be used in the library. Cell phone recharging also falls under this heading.
- Taking photos inside the library without the prior permission of librarian will result in disciplinary measures.
- The library users are not allowed to keep their belongings in the library. The library staff will not be responsible for their loss.
- Misbehaving with a library staff member may cause expulsion from the College or heavy fine.
- Outsiders without visitor cards will not be allowed in the library.
- Any person found defacing or mutilating any library material, furniture or equipment may be asked to pay its full cost and disciplinary measure may also be taken against him/ them.
- Members of the library (students) can only borrow 2 books for 14 days. A fine of Rs. 2/- per day shall be charged for a book kept overtime.
- No member can borrow a book in the name of another member.
- A Clearance slip from the library against an outstanding book that needs to be retained for examination purpose is a requirement for all the students.
Library is open from 8.00 AM to 5.00 PM.