As per rules of Peshawar University, Islamic Studies in 3rd year and Pakistan Studies in 4th year are compulsory for all students of Bachelors of Arts (BA) and Bachelors of Science (BSc).
Bachelors of Arts (BA)
English is compulsory for all BA students. They are required to take two major courses from the following groups.
- Mathematics-A - Statistics, Economics *
- Political Science, Law
- Anthropology - Economics - English Elective - History - International Relations - Islamic Studies (Elective) - Journalism - Law - Political Science -Psychology - Social Work - Sociology -Urdu Advance
* Mathematics-A will be offered to those students who have passed Mathematics in F.A/F.Sc with at least 60% marks)
Bachelors of Science (BSc Medical Group)
Candidates with F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) can apply for this group
- BSc with Botany, Chemistry and Zoology
- BSc with Botany/Zoology, Chemistry and Elective English
Bachelors of Science (BSc with Mathematics)
Candidates with F.Sc. (Pre-Engineering) or F.A. (with Mathematics) can apply for this group. Mathematics A is compulsory for all candidates and two other subjects can be selected from the following groups.
- Computer Science/Physics/Electronics/Statistics/Mathematics B
- Computer Science/Physics/Electronics/Statistics.
(Students who opt for B- Course of Mathematics must have a minimum score of 120/200 in FSc (Mathematics)).